Saturday, December 5, 2009

WEEK 36: Diagonal Crossing (live)



Hey everyone!

I took a bit of a Thanksgiving/Birthday break from MP3-OF-THE-WEEK (OK you got me, I forgot to update this), but I have a fun treat for y'all now.

This is a live performance of a weird fun song I wrote called "Diagonal Crossing." It's about crossing the street diagonally (duh) and how you feel like a total bad ass doing it.

Here are the lyrics.

Never mind the traffic laws
I don't buy them at all
I'm on top and everything is pushing to get out


Diagonal crossing

People think that I'm insane

They're just way too tame

Spitting on the face of death with every single step


Diagonal crossing


Old lady waiting for the walk signal grimaces in the sun

Her diagonal days are over
But mine have just begun!


Up and down and left and right

Cross the street, hope to die

Agony to me is walking 90 degrees


Diagonal crossing!



I'm pretty happy with the dia-agony pun there.

This performance is from a live party I played in 2004. This was a damn fun show with a lot of short songs and energy and no mic.

Here it is!

Download it here!

Or preview it:





-Jordan

No comments: