Thursday, January 13, 2011

WEEK 69: Sally: Have You Met Someone (live)


WELCOME TO WEEK 69!

This week's MP3 is ultra awesome super cool. I had a show last week at Hank's Saloon in Brooklyn, and my vocally gifted friend Meghan O'Neill joined me on stage for a mini-Sally set! (Sally is my band with all love songs and female lead vocals.)

My often-bass-player Dave Fox played drums along (after only hearing the song about 2 hours earlier before the show), and I played electric guitar, trying to do the best Johnny Marr impression I can possibly fake. I love how it all came out.

The quality of this recording isn't so great, mainly because there were a lot of people talking at the bar, and we were struggling to be louder than them. Still, I loved playing these songs live, and there will be more MP3s from this show and future Sally recordings soon!

Here are the lyrics. The song is pretty self explanatory:


I don’t regret the time we spent

In fact I think it’s splendid

The more I guess at your progress

The more it seems we’ve ended


I haven’t been with many people

Not after what happened with us

I don’t know why I feel like I must be faithful

But…have you met someone?


A guy at work is a big flirt

He asked me out for supper

My red cheeks glowed but I said no

It just doesn’t seem proper


Chorus


Is she pretty?

Is she happy?

How does she kiss

Does she exist?


My kitchens cold and all alone

I miss you at the table

I eat and go to sleep I don’t

Know if this mood is fatal


HAVE YOU MET SOMEONE?!?



Download the song by right clicking here and saving!


Or preview the song!





Jordan

No comments: