Friday, January 13, 2012

WEEK 83: Hell It Stays In Hell


Hey everybody! 

Here is another one of the 7 new songs I performed at my latest solo show!

I don't quite have a title for this one, though "Hell It Stays In Hell" may end up being the de facto winner. 

The chorus for this song came to me in a dream. I woke up singing it and recorded it on my tape recorder. I based the rest of the lyrics around it. 

Musically, I felt the song was a bit standard, so I implemented a cool trick where it goes back and forth between major and minor (changing in the middle of each chorus.) So the 2nd verse is all minor chords, then back to major, etc. Fun?

Here are the lyrics.

Grab my sleeve and lead me down
In the boat we'll go
Pick people up along the way
Drop them off and so

All the fools go up the river
All the Hell it stays in Hell

Lovely ladies, angel men
Never done nothing wrong
Not one drop of fun in their whole life
Now they're where they belong

(chorus)

Dump my body out and leave it
Naked, bruised and waiting
I'll be dragged in smiling 
While they shake their heads with pity
But I don't need their pity


Download the song by right-clicking here!


Or preview it!






-Jordan

No comments: