Friday, June 20, 2014

WEEK 101: That's OK, It's Christmas



Hey guys!

This is a very special entry, as it is my AWARD WINNING song for the latest NYC 48 Hour Film Festival project! This song went over the end credits of my team's movie "Ham For The Holidays" (which I also scored.) It's an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas song parody. I won "Best Original Song" last night at the awards ceremony!

The movie was about your typical robot Armageddon sci-fi stuff, which the lyrics reflect.

A bit about the recording: This took me like, 45 minutes. Really happened fast, everything fell into place easily! The Chipmunks voices were hard to figure out because I don't have a program that just DOES that, so I had to mess around with a few things. I put in a super high pitched one, a middle one, and a lower one, to represent Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

I really love the ROBOT SCARY intro, and how it comes back at the end. I also like the nice tremolo guitar that comes in on the 2nd verse, and the soft drums and bass that aren't making a fuss (I usually over-arrange that stuff.) I improvised the La-Las at the end. Also those are real sleigh bells for extra percussion.

Lyrics:

Robots killed the president
Razor trolls will steal your skin
Cyber armadillos win
But that's OK, it's Christmas

Watch out for the cyber hounds
Skeletons team up with clowns
Every cat is dead by now
But that's OK, it's Christmas

La la la la, la la la la, la la la la, la la la la

Download the song by right-clicking this sentence!!

Or preview it here:

 

I'll put more stuff from the score up next!

-Jordan

No comments: