Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WEEK 30: Crashing the Ball (live)

This is a really crazy song. It's probably my most complex musically...so complex I haven't played it in years because I worry I'll screw up. And it's very, very hard to sing! No home recording of this song exists, so here is a live version, from a party I played on September 25th, 2004.

The lyrics aren't my best or anything...it's basically about a homeless guy crashing a fancy ball. Yay? Here they are.

Millions of you reflected in a chandelier
And every mind will wonder what you're doing here

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?


Crashing the ball you wanted to go but you're not invited

So you'll just drop in and drop to the floor


What a disgrace to have such a dirty face

Bring in a can of air freshener and a can of mace


chorus

You've got a beard so you don't need a mask

Pouring champagne into your silver flask


Crashing the ball you wanted to go but you're not invited

So you'll just drop in and drop to the floor

You'll stain the floor

You'll break the floor.



So yes. I love this song, mainly for the melody and music (OK, and the beard line.) But damn it's tough, especially that bridge. Hope you enjoy it. Who knows what the future holds for this one.

Download it here!


Or:

Preview it here!


-Jordan

No comments: