Sunday, March 21, 2010

WEEK 47: Horny Manatee (demo)


Heeeeey!

This week's MP3 is "Horny Manatee", a song I wrote and recorded in one day.

Back in 2006, Late Night With Conan O'Brien was doing a running gag in their show about a website called HornyManatee.com, and asking for people to submit artwork.

I wrote a song, thinking maybe they'll play it on the show or even invite me ON the show. I was literally a day too late. That night, Conan enthusiastically debuted a band who "actually wrote a song called 'Horny Manatee'!" They sang their song, and I felt awful and annoyed. God fucking damn it! I mean, seriously!

I still sent mine in, with no reply. But I like it a lot. I think the recording is really nice, and the melody and chord progression are interesting. Maybe I'll change the lyrics so it can become a real song and it isn't so retarded.

Lyrics:

This manatee is good enough for me
Every girl I know's been wrong for me
I'm not a gay, and things are looking gray
Get me a big ol' manatee

A big ol' manatee
comes to me in my sleep

I've had enough of all this landlocked love
I'm heading out to the sea
No girl will find me
No one will mind me
Being away with my horny manatee

My horny manatee
Comes to me in my sleep
My horny manatee
Not half as horny as ---

(manatee roars)


DOWNLOAD THE GENIUS HERE




Or preview the genius:




- Jordan

No comments: